The Sanskrit word shava means corpse hence this is the Corpse. The shava-asana is also known as the mrta-asana.Savasana. The body needs this time to understand the new information it has received through practicing yoga. Even though Savasana is a resting pose, it’s not the same a sleeping! You should stay present and aware during the five to ten minute duration of final relaxation.
1. Come to lie down on the back.
2. Let the feet fall out to either side.
3. Bring the arms alongside the body, but slightly separated from the body, and turn the palms to face upwards.
4. Relax the whole body, including the face. Let the body feel heavy.
5. Let the breath occur naturally.